Information related to driving lessons during the coronavirus pandemic
I have taken precautions to make your driving lessons as safe as possible during the coronavirus pandemic. It is simlar to precautions intorduced within other sectors such as hairdressers, shops, bars and resturants. It follows guidance issued by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency, and by the Approved Driving Instructors National Joint Council.
I have completed a detailed Risk Assessment before resuming lessons.
In the days before your driving lesson
Please can you contact me immediately if any of the following apply before your lesson:
- If you have become unwell, developed symptoms of Covid-19 or tested postive in the last 10 days
- If anyone in your household has tested positive in the last 10 days
- If a member of your household is showing symptoms or has been doing so within the last 10 days
- If you believe you have been in contact with someone showing symptoms or who has tested positive in the last 10 days
- If you have been contacted by NHS Test & Trace and told to self isolate
Details of NHS Test & Trace can be viewed here
NHS website giving information on the symptoms of Covid-19 is here
Rapid Lateral Flow Tests
You can get twice weekly rapid lateral flow tests. They're free, you can order them online or collect them from a test site and some pharmacies. I will be taking a twice weekly rapid lateral flow test and I would encourage you to do likewise. The DVSA have also asked theory and driving test candidates to take a rapid lateral flow test up to 4 days before their theory or practical test.
The NHS Covid-19 app
The NHS Covid-19 app is available to download for free. I have downloaded the app. I recommend that you also download the app. The app has a number of tools to protect you, including contact tracing, local alerts and venue check-in.
The NHS website giving full details is available here.
A video explaining the app.
The driving lessons
I am following the guidance issued by the DVSA and the ADINJC regarding resuming driving lessons which includes the following:
- My vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned prior to every lesson and deep cleaned at the end of each working day
- To wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately prior to your driving lesson
- Try to avoid touching your face whenever possible
- For both of us to wear a face covering / mask
- The windows will be open as much as is practical to allow for ventilation
Cancelling for reasons other than Covid-19
I ask that if you know you will be unavailable for your driving lesson to let me know as soon as possible. Please give at least 48 hours notice to cancel otherwise the full lesson price may still be charged, unless for the reasons above, related to Covid-19.
Normality or as we keep hearing the "new normal"
I understand all of this can sound worrying however it is to reduce the risk towards you, your family and my other students. I am sure that once we are used to these adjustments that we can focus on getting you driving safely and independently as soon as possible. The guidance may change and I will update my website as soon as that happens. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.